Thursday, September 25, 2008

abstractioin

It's kind of funny how our minds work. Somebody can say one thing, and an entirely different thing can pop into our heads. (and by the way, this is about a week late in posting. i apologize)As we were doing the abstraction exercises in class, I noticed how hard it was to let myself think random thoughts when a single word was said. At first, for rage, I only thought of one image and continued on that one image, unable to move on from that single thought. As I loosened my mind up a bit, I realized that if allowed, my mind could go to places that I never thought it could. It made it interesting and unique. One of my lists started at sharing books and ended with sour milk. It was amazing though, how all of those things linked back to the original word: generosity. I love that we can't explain everything about the mind and how it works. It still gives it the air of mystery that it rightfully deserves.

No comments: