Thursday, October 2, 2008

James Joyce


One of the main reasons I like James Joyce is because he is Irish; so am I. I have enjoyed in some way The Dead, but I'm lost in the midst of all the characters and commotion going on in the story. Granted, it is a party scene, and at a party, you don't really see everything that is going on. I do like the idea that he shows us little glimpses of things happening in all the different rooms, but there are just too many names and too many things going on to stay focused. Once you leave one room, you become immersed in another room, so by the time you go back to the previous room, you've forgotten what was going on in there before. That is exactly how I feel about this story so far. I'm being thrown all over the place, but at the same time, I'm getting to know a lot of very interesting people. That's why people tend to go to parties anyway, don't they?

1 comment:

A Quinlan said...

Thanks for the feedback. Hang in there. AQ